Downloadable .pdf file: Ben Peters Resume
393 County Road 604, Linn, MO 65051 l Phone: 573-690-6032
Multimedia Journalist – Fast learner and hard worker with a keen eye for detail, excellent writing skills, strong editing techniques and logical reasoning. Experienced with social media, radio, print, and online publications.
January 2015-Present: Interactive Managing Editor, KRCG 13 (Connectmidmissouri.com)
• I handle the day-to-day operations of the website and running the KRCG 13 social media accounts. I also produce the 5 p.m. newscast Monday through Friday.
May 2014-Jan. 2015: Morning Show Producer, KRCG 13 (Connectmidmissouri.com)
• I produced a daily two-hour morning program at KRCG 13, running and directing a team. I handled breaking news overnight, and assigned stories when needed. I wrote all scripts, edited video, and handled the day-to-day process of producing and maintaining a morning show.
June 2012-April 2014: Sports Editor, Lake Sun (LakeNewsOnline.com)
• I wrote all local sports stories, covering up to six different local schools, and provide content for a daily newspaper, two weekly papers and the online website as a one-man sports department. I design all sports and outdoor pages and during the fall, I produce
and design Game Night, a 16-page special section focused on high school football around the area. I also cover the occasional news story and serve as the resident photographer. I engage subscribers with social media, managing both individual and company Twitter accounts along with driving readers to the website by engaging on the company’s Facebook page. I write occasional columns for both sports and outdoors.
Aug. 2011-Dec. 2011: Technical Editor of Ozarks News Journal
• I instructed students on elements of multimedia reporting, focusing on the technical issues such as shooting and editing videos, recording and editing podcasts, using social media to engage their audiences and helped news teams plan multimedia packages for the website.
Aug. 2011-Dec. 2011: News/Life Reporter for The Standard (www.the-standard.org)
• I worked as a reporter for the university’s student newspaper, at first in the Life section before making the switch to news reporting, where I worked my way up from the bottom to get front page stories.
Jan. 2011-May 2011: Ozark News Journal Multimedia Journalist
• I worked as a reporter for ozarknewsjournal.com, writing and developing stories and multimedia packages in both individual and team formats.
Jan. 2011-May 2011: Radio Host on “The Growl”
• I co-produced a one-hour sports radio talk show on the student-run online radio station.
2013 Missouri Press Association Best Sports News Story, 3rd Place, Class 2 Dailies
GateHouse Best of the Day, Sept. 5, 2013
GateHouse Media Best Photos of the Week, July 9-15, 2013
GateHouse Best of the Day, June 13, 2013
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Photoshop
- AP Style
- Canon cameras
- Final Cut Express
- Mac and PC
- Microsoft Office
- Pro Tools
- Sony Video cameras
- Zope CMS
- Saxotech CMS
MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY — Springfield, Missouri
BA in Media Studies with History Minor (December 2011)
Completed Coursework in Major Includes:
- Mass Media and Society
- Intro to Film
- Mass Media Theory
- History of Broadcasting
- Website Design
- Intro to Journalism
- Multimedia Journalism
- Media Design and Production
- Intro to Field Sound
- Independent Study in Media
- Radio Production
- Media Law
- Media Analysis
- Media Ethics
- Broadcast Writing
Dr. Andrew R. Cline, Associate Professor of Journalism at Missouri State University
Julie Moravchik, News Director at KRCG 13
Joyce Miller, Editor at Lake Sun
Amanda Hess, Page Designer at Community Publishers
Derek R. Dueker, Sports Reporter at Waynesville Daily Guide